Visit UC Irvine
Want to see the campus for yourself? Meet our professors and current graduate students? Take a tour of Ring Road? Then you should visit UC Irvine. Here are some tips to get you started on the right track.
We recommend that you identify faculty of interest by searching here. Once you have determined which faculty are the most interesting based on a fit with your research interest, make contact via a friendly introductory email. Don’t forget to become familiar with their research before reaching out, and know a little about the program you are interested in to help create a better dialogue. Ask if you can schedule a meeting, and you are on your way!
Before you arrive, you should also be sure to plan a visit that includes meetings with:
Finally, be sure you arrive prepared.
- Allow extra time to familiarize yourself with the campus
- Check out a campus map and driving directions
- Be professional and look presentable, but wear comfortable shoes as UC Irvine is a big campus
- Bringing an updated CV can be an impressive addition
- Be prepared to discuss your research and/or professional interests (depending on the program)
- Be prepared to discuss the latest work of the faculty member you are meeting
- This is also a good time to discuss your academic and career goals and how UC Irvine is the right fit for you
If you want to visit UC Irvine, but are unable to, try taking a virtual tour of the campus, click here.