Miguel Velez Scholarship
The Miguel Velez Scholarship provides financial support to master's degree (except MBA) or Ph.D. students who demonstrate outstanding past academic achievement as well as future promise and are citizens of a Latin American country. Preference is given to students who are citizens of Colombia and have not previously received this award. Students must be enrolled full-time (in a minimum of 12 units) in the academic quarter in which the student chooses to take the award. This award cannot be deferred to a subsequent year.
$10,000 for spring 2013. Award can be used to pay fees directly or can be paid as a stipend, or a combination of both. Stipends are subject to federal/state taxes; fee payments are not.
To be eligible for the Miguel Velez Scholarship, the nominee must be a citizen of a Latin America country and pursuing a master's degree (except MBA) or Ph.D. and be in good academic standing.
Students who are citizens of Colombia or who can prove descendance from the donor, Miguel Velez, will be given precedence.
To be considered, all individual student applications must include the following:
- A completed Miguel Velez Scholarship Application Form.
- A support letter from the student's academic advisor or department chair
- A copy of the student's Curriculum Vitae
- A photocopy of the student's citizenship documentation or a letter confirming the student is a citizen and resident from a Latin American country.
Fill out the application completely, obtain the signature of the Graduate Associate Dean in your school and send to Gina Anzivino with the following:
- A copy of your passport from the Latin American Country.
- A support letter from your academic advisor or department chair.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A statement of the focus of your studies or description of your research and a comment on how this award will help you achieve your academic goals.
- Applications must be complete, with all attachments and signatures, and received in the Graduate Division by 5:00 pm. on November 7, 2012.
Contact Gina Anzivino with any questions.
5 pm, Wednesday, November 7, 2012. Applications must be submitted by the student.