Phi Beta Kappa International Scholarship
Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association International Scholarships are for foreign students engaged in their final year of graduate study.
Visit the Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association website for more detailed information about the program.
Two scholarships will be awarded per academic institution, each in the amount of $2,000.
- Candidates should be in their final year of study during the 2017-18 academic year. Evidence of registration for Fall 2017 is required before checks to awardees can be distributed. Students on filing fee in Fall 2017 are not eligible.
- Candidates are pursuing a Ph.D. or the usual terminal degree in their field. The only supported terminal Master's degree at UCI is the MFA. Professional degrees (MBA, JD, MD) are not supported. Master's degrees in fields where Ph.D.s are commonly pursued (even if not offered at UCI) are not eligible.
- Candidates should be returning to their home country soon after earning their degree.
- Candidates must have both academic excellence and significant need.
- Candidates are not limited to persons who come from underdeveloped or developing countries.
- Awards are to be made without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, or creed.
- Repeat awards will not be considered.
- Students must complete the PBK Application Form.
- Faculty must complete the PBK Faculty Recommendation Form.
- A completed application must include the following:
- A fully completed application form
- A short essay on scholarly and professional ambitions (not necessarily limited to the space provided)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, including the student's dissertation chair (for doctoral candidates)
- A justification of need (rough estimate)
- Current unofficial transcript
April 28, 2017 by 12 noon
Senior Employment & Fellowships Analyst