Phi Beta Kappa International Scholarship
Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association International Scholarships are available for foreign students engaged in their final year of graduate study.
Two scholarships will be awarded per academic institution, each in the amount of $2,000.
Visit the Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association International Scholarship website for more detailed information about the program.
Scholarship guidelines are as follows:
- Candidates should be, as far as is predictable, in their final year of study during the 2015-16 academic year. Evidence of registration for Fall 2015 is required before checks to awardees can be distributed. Students on filing fee in Fall 2015 are not eligible.
- Candidates are expected to be pursuing a Ph.D. or the usual terminal degree in their field. The only supported terminal Master’s degree at UCI is the M.F.A. Professional degrees (M.B.A., J.D., M.D.) are not supported. Master's degrees in fields where Ph.D.s are commonly pursued (even if not offered at UCI) are not eligible.
- Candidates should be returning to their home country soon after earning their degree.
- Candidates must have both academic excellence and significant need.
- Candidates are not limited to persons who come from underdeveloped or developing countries.
- Awards are to be made without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age or creed.
- Repeat awards will not be considered.
- A completed application must include the following:
- A fully completed application form
- A short essay on scholarly and professional ambitions (not necessarily limited to the space provided)
- 2 letters of recommendation from faculty members, including your dissertation chair if you are a doctoral candidate
- A justification of need (rough estimate)
- Current unofficial transcript
Please send all applications to Gina Anzivino on or before 12 noon, April 17, 2015.
120 Aldrich Hall, UC Irvine
Irvine CA, 92697-3180
fax (949) 824-9096