We’ve developed checklists for both domestic and international postdoctoral scholars to help with your transition to Irvine. And, remember: The International Center serves as the primary point of contact for all international postdoctoral scholars.
This web page is intended to help our postdoctoral scholars find information on our website to ensure a successful tenure at the University of California, Irvine as a postdoctoral scholar. This includes information about orientations for new postdocs; housing for postdocs and their families (if applicable); health and wellness; child care (if applicable); funding; employment; careers following the postdoctoral appointment; services for postdoctoral scholars offered by our Graduate Resource Center; and information about our libraries. For more information about navigating your experience and succeeding as a postdoctoral scholar at UC Irvine, please see the Postdoctoral Scholar section of our website. There you will find information about:
- Postdoctoral Scholar Orientation
- Valuable professional development tools: Postdoc Individual Development Plan; and Postdoc Self-Assessment
- Funding for postdocs
- Employment for postdocs and appointment resources
- Careers and professional development for postdocs
- Workshops and other forms of support for postdocs offered through our Graduate Resource Center
- Health and Wellness
- Child Care (if applicable)
- Libraries at UCI
- Postdoc Photo Album
The Science Without Borders Program for Brazilian Citizens
If you are a Brazilian citizen, you may be eligible to receive funding for your postdoc experience at UC Irvine through the Science Without Borders program. For more information, please see our Brazilian SWB page for postdocs.